The Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce posted an analysis of jobs and the Austin economy today.
Here are some highlights:
- Austin has the fastest rate of job growth and the second lowest unemployment rate among large U.S. metros
- Even though the Austin MSA is the 35th in size, it created one of the largest increases in number of jobs with 37,700 new jobs created in the last 12 months, beating San Francisco and Orlando
- Among the 100 largest metros, Austin also has the fastest rate of job growth over the last 5 years (15%) and the last 10 years (35%)
- In Austin, two industries, professional and business services and leisure and hospitality, have seen the fastest rates of job growth (7.0% and 10.1% respectively), and together account for half of the 37,700 jobs created in Austin in the last 12 months
- Austin’s unemployment rate, at 4.7% in January, is the second lowest among the top 50 metros
Interested in Austin real estate? Give the Gregory Group a call at 512-765-4337 today!